This call for workshop proposals offers you an opportunity to share your ideas, knowledge and expertise with your colleagues in the Independent Living movement. We encourage Panel style presentations, but are open to individual as well. We are looking for different perspectives on how SILCs of different sizes and structures perform the tasks below. The NASILC board will choose the participants of each panel. The Committee invites you to submit proposals in any of the following areas:
- SILC 101
- SILC Fiscal Management
- Succession Planning for SILCs
- Marketing and Branding SILCs
- Pros and Cons of 501c3 for SILCs & steps to become at 501c3
- SILCs and Intersectionality
Important Information for Presenters:
- Presenters and facilitators are not exempt from registration fees. Presenters must register and pay for all days they plan to attend; presenters that attend only their session and no other events do not need to pay.
- SILC Congress is unable to pay travel expenses or honoraria to any panel presenter or Facilitator.
- Proposal submissions must be made by completing the form found on page 2 & 3 of this document. Your completed form must be emailed to Kathy Cooper no later than 11:59pm Eastern on Tuesday, December 3rd, 2019.
- Conference sessions are expected to run for approximately 1.25 hours. Presenters should design the content of their sessions so as to encourage interaction from the audience and allow ample time for questions during your presentation.
- Individuals selected as presenters will be notified in mid-December.
Insuring the full participation of all conference attendees is important to the SILC Congress Planning Committee. This includes the provision of all materials distributed at the conference in alternative formats. In order to insure this is possible, presenters are required to provide all materials they intend on distributing during their session in multiple accessible formats.